Archive for the ‘Others’ Category
Good news everyone with common sense! The cross platfrom BlackBerry Messenger, or BBM, application is now live on both the Google Play and iTunes App stores for download onto compatible Android and iPhone smartphones!
BBM first started rolling out late last month, but after an overwhelming demand, some errors caused by the overuse of the leaked Android BBM app, loads of fake BBM apps and more, the rollout was delayed. Now, we can finally get a taste of the good life again, even if the company’s image is in ruins, especially after killing the rollout last time. Users will have to sign up upon downloading the app and will be allocated BlackBerry PINs once completed.
BBM is the world’s fastest, most secure and most cost effective way to communicate with others. It’s PIN based system also keeps you from revealing personal information to strangers. BlackBerry chose just the right time to unload considering tomorrow’s big day for Apple, and Nokia’s farewell…
Tomorrow is new iPads day, everyone knows that by now. The redesigned iPad 5, the suped up iPad Mini 2, but what else does Apple have to cover? What can we expect from Cupertino tomorrow? There have been rumours, leaks; everything your mind can think of, but let us take a realistic look at everything that could possibly make an appearance tomorrow.
- It’s redesigned to look more like the iPad Mini, and to kill those pesky huge bezels.
- It’s thinner and lighter than ever thanks to an internal redesign and new display technology.
- It’s got the industry leading 64-bit Apple A7 SoC that makes the Snapdragon 800 wet itself.
- It’s coming in Space Gray and Silver White, maybe Champagne Gold IF we’re lucky.
- It’s got a TouchID fingerprint sensor to destroy those pesky long passwords.
- The best tablet just got better!
iPad Mini 2:
- It’s got a new plastic logo on the back, making it sexier.
- It’s got a Retina display, making you want it ten times more than its predecessor did.
- It’s got the industry leading 64-bit Apple A7 SoC that makes the Snapdragon 800 wet itself.
- It’s coming in Champagne Gold, Silver White and Space Gray.
- The best small tablet just got better, than itself and the competition!
- New iMac, new MacBook Air, so why not a new MacBook Pro?
- The great new Mac OS X Mavericks preloaded.
- Intel’s great Haswell chips baked inside.
- Faster than ever before.
- Quieter than ever before.
- Lasts longer than ever before.
- “Hey! Let’s revolutionise the smart TV industry!”
- Apple’s Cinema Displays were good, why not build an iPhone into one?
- High resolution display.
- iOS 7 beeetches!
- All the goodies from an iPhone 5s.
- All of your favourite streaming apps including iTunes.
- All of the best iOS games, best console evar!
- Apple Logo. ‘Nuff said.
- Surface Smart Cover, with an ‘i’ touch, meaning it actually works.
- Rumoured to make the iPads more attractive to the notebook user.
- Sleek design, designed specially for your iPad with utmost quality.
- Bluetooth 4.0 FTW!
- It may not arrive, but we can only hope!
- Improved iPod Nano on a strap.
- Dedicated fitness gear and software.
- iOS 7 dedicated.
- Great battery life.
- Turns the whole industry upside down!
- OS X Mavericks gets a launch price and launch date.
- New Mac Pro gets a launch price and launch date.
- Some other long forgotten Apple goodies gets some airtime.
Whatever Apple decides to unveil tomorrow, we are sure to be in for a treat. So stay tuned, ready the popcorn and get ready to be amazed!
There has been a lot of scrutiny and jokes surrounding the new iOS 7’s user interface design. Some trolls suggests that it was made by crayon wielding toddlers, other suggest that is was painted by monkeys in the jungle, but what if it was just a ‘simple’ Microsoft Word jobs?
Designer Vaclav Krejci went ahead and made quite a detailed video showing us all how to recreate iOS 7 in Microsoft’s Word application. It’s so crazy that it actually seems true! Krejci went ahead and redrew iOS 7 screenshots using all the tools readily available to millions of MS Office users around the world. The finished product is pretty amazing and almost identical to Apple’s rendition of iOS 7. So, did Jony Ive’s InDesign license expire and Papa Cook refuse to renew it, leaving Word as the only option, or does this designer just know all the simple tricks there is and had a lot of time on his hand?
Wow. Just wow. Tomorrow we are more than likely going to see some great new iOS 7 products from Apple with their new iPad line, just remember that you can still recreate that colourful UI on your good old Windows machine…
What comes in Silver, Gold and Space Gray, has a TouchID fingerprint reader and a killer Apple A7 64-bit SoC? That’s right, the iPad 5, wait, no, the iPhone 5s. What has also been crowned the world’s fastest smartphone? No, not the LG G2; the iPhone 5s in all of its dual core glory!
Which? magazine conducted an official, independent Geekbench test of the iPhone 5s, Galaxy S4, LG G2, HTC One and other smartphones to see precisely which is the world’s fastest, and if Apple’s dual core A7 SoC with its 64-bit architecture stands a chance against the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC, which many have regarded as the industry’s best. The A7 turned out to leave the Snapdragon 800 sobbing in a pool of tears, to become the world’s fastest processor, both in single core and multi core tasks. The LG G2 came out second, with the Galaxy S4 coming in third, it was first in June, and the HTC One going down to the fourth spot. The iPhone 5c beat both the Galaxy S4 Mini and HTC One Mini.
This just once again proves that it doesn’t matter how many core you have, it’s about how you make use of those cores that counts!
Here are their results:
Apple iPhone 5s: 1410 (single core score), 2561 (multi core score)
LG G2: 882 (single core score), 2355 (multi core score)
Samsung Galaxy S4: 687 (single core score), 1939 (multi core score)
HTC One: 643 (single core score), 1805 (multi core score)
Apple iPhone 5c: 711 (single core score), 1281 (multi core score)
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini: 649 (single core score), 1135 (multi core score)
HTC One Mini: 477 (single core score), 880 (multi core score)
We have seen it on the Google Play store. We have seen it in black. Now, we have seen it in white, sort of. A new leaked image has surfaced showing off what seems to be the Google Nexus 5’s official retail package, showing off a white variant as well.
Yes, it seems that the Nexus 5 will be coming in White too, just like its predecessor, just hopefully a bit sooner after launch than the White Nexus 4. There is a catch though, it seems that only the rear panel will be white, the side and front will remain black. So, in essence, you’ll just have a black Nexus 5 with a white back. Yes, considering you always stare at the front of the device, and the fact that you’re likely to add a lovely Amzer case onto that beast, you are likely to hate the fact that the ‘white’ Nexus 5 is just black.
Don’t feel too bad though, iPhone 5c users also have a black front bezel no matter what colour their device is, same goes for all of Nokia’s Lumia smartphones and select other phones by other smartphone makers. We can only dream for a white Nexus 5, that is actually white…
Some people sell some vital organs for the latest iDevices, others, however, sell their children. Chinese media are reporting that a Shanghai couple sold their daughter, the latest of three children, and spent the proceeds on some lavish products.
Yes, the Shanghai couple sold their daughter for an iPhone. They advertised their daughter online for between $4,000 and $5,000 in order for her to get adopted. They stated that they wanted the child to have a better life than their current two children are having. They got arrested for illegal human trafficking after purchasing an Apple iPhone, some high end sports shoes and more lavish products. Of course they opted to get a new iPhone instead of using the money to improve their and their children’s lives.
When last did you hear about someone selling their kidney or child for a Samsung? Never? Oh…
It seems HTC isn’t the only one hiring a superhero as a brand ambassador after Micromax today showed off Hugh Jackman, known for his role as the Wolverine in several Marvel movies, teasing their new Micromax Canvas Turbo smartphone, which is expected it be quite the hit.
The new Micromax Canvas Turbo is expected to be the company’s first full HD screened smartphone, with a highly attractive price tag. The Canvas Turbo is expected to feature loads of new software enhancements in addition to a 1080p display as well as a quad-core 1.2GHz MT6589 processor. If Micromax successfully pulls off the new Canvas Turbo, we’re likely to finally see a ‘Wolverine’ vs ‘Iron Man’ showdown, something that I am more than certain every single one of us would love to see.
Amzer has a great line of Micromax device accessories, especially Micromax Canvas 4 accessories, some of which can be seen blow! 🙂
With just four days to go before its official launch, the Apple iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2 have leaked. The iPad 5 has been confirmed to feature the new TouchID fingerprint sensor, while the iPad Mini 2 will not feature a TouchID sensor.
The Apple iPad Mini 2 was thus far assumed to join the iPhone 5s and iPad 5’s fingerprint sensor bandwagon, but according to new leaked images from CTechCN shows that it will not be doing so, presumably to keep the iPad Mini 2’s costs low, especially considering that the introduction of its new Retina display will push up manufacturing costs. Outside, the iPad Mini 2 is expected to stay pretty much the same as its predecessor, but the inside is expected to change quite a bit with the introduction of a 64-bit A7 SoC and an enlarged battery.
The iPad Mini 2 is expected to outsell the larger iPads this year as the push for smaller tablets continues and the new Retina display pushes the tablet into new frontiers.
Google just inadvertently unveiled the new Google Nexus 5 on the Google Play store, adding to it the starting price and some other tidbits of information that everyone has been eagerly waiting for.
This is what we know now:
- The Google Nexus 5 will retail for $349, for the 16GB model, a 32GB model will also be launched
- The Google Nexus 5 will feature a 2,300mAh battery
- The Google Nexus 5 will launch on October 28
- The Google Nexus 5 will run on the new Android 4.4 KitKat
- The Google Nexus 5 will have a 5-inch 1080p display
- The Google Nexus 5 will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC
This is what we don’t know:
- Will Android 4.4 KitKat devices taste like chocolate if you lick them?
- Will LG make enough Google Nexus 5 device to cope with demand?
- Will the rumoured $299 Nexus 4 LTE pack 8GB or 16GB of storage?
- Will the Google Nexus 5 last at least half a day of heavy usage off of that tiny battery?
For now, we will have to speculate, just 10 days to go until Google is set to unveil the new Google Nexus 5!
Let’s keep this sweet and short.
This is the Google Nexus 5 for Telus in Canada courtesy of MobileSyrup.
It looks quite nice.
Rumoured to pack a 5-inch 1080p display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC, 8MP rear facing camera, 16/32GB of memory and a $399 pricetag, with the Nexus 4 LTE going for $299.
Made by LG.
Set to launch with Android 4.4 KitKat on October 28!
11 days and counting.
Yes, Amzer will make more accessories than there are stars for the Nexus 5, so be ready to pre-order!