Yes, finally the long wait for all our Indian readers is over – the Korean smartphone maker – Samsung today in a grand – larger than life event in Gurgaon announced the availability of it’s latest Android flagship for the Indian market. Samsung must be given credit for the super-quick launch of the latest Galaxy smartphone in India, unlike its arch rival Apple who usually takes weeks if not months to roll out a device in India. Samsung surprisingly rolled out the S4 in India ahead of many key markets including US and UK – where the Galaxy S4 will be available early next month and next week respectively.
Samsung has priced the latest Galaxy flagship as expected at Rupees 41,500 – which is the MRP, we expect the actual market price (MOP) to be slightly lower at around Rupees 40,500. The pricing gives Samsung an edge over HTC as the Galaxy S4 is cheaper than HTC’s One by a few thousand Rupees. Samsung Galaxy is available starting today in all the metro cities as well as Samsung’s online store, the device will be available in smaller cities in a week’s time.
Here is a quick look at what the Samsung Galaxy S4 has to offer:
- 5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display at 441ppi
- 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Zero Shutter Lag, BSI and Full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 7.9 mm thick and weighs 130 grams
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- 4G LTE LTE Cat 3 100/50Mbps) / 3G (HSPA+ 42 Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and a/c, Bluetooth v 4.0, MHL 2.0, GPS/GLONASS and NFC
- 2600 mAh Battery
Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One, whatever your choice may be – you really can’t go wrong with this one! Whatever your choice don’t forget to pick from the wide variety of accessories we have for the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Image Courtesy: BGR India